Saturday, July 31, 2010

On My Way... I think?

So I'm currently sitting in the Syracuse airport, waiting for my flight to Philadelphia which will eventually connect to London and on to Glasgow. Oh, I'm going to Glasgow because I'm taking part in an archaeological field school for about three weeks before the semester starts. I need to get there by 9 am on Monday morning.

The problem is that our flight from Syracuse should have left at 6:35. It's now 7:40 and the flight just left from Philadelphia and will get here at about 8:15. That means that we won't leave Syracuse until 8:30 or so. We would get in to Philadelphia at about 9:30. My flight to London leaves (form the other end of the airport) at 9:55.

So there are about five of us who are sitting in the Syracuse airport hoping desperately for our flight to get here soon, because otherwise we aren't making that flight to London.

I do have options, I think, should this fail (since US Airways is fully responsible for getting me to Glasgow as quickly as they can), but I may end up getting to Glasgow at 7 am on the 2nd, getting to the building I need to leave from, and departing from Glasgow at 9 am to go to up to the site. I'm supposed to bring a lunch that day. I'm not sure it's possible for me to bring a lunch... I'm not actually entirely sure it's possible for me to get to Glasgow by 9 am on Monday.

But, we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. Currently, I'm waiting and hoping we get there in time. Not exactly the way I was hoping to start my trip, but oh well.

I'll let you all know any details once I know them and have a chance to relay them.

No comments:

Post a Comment